Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Audio Watermarking

While working towards my Master's thesis I took an Advanced Topics class titled Speech Processing. In this class we covered the basics of processing speech data (not specifically speech recognition, but all encompassing). Topics such as the anatomy of speech production, speech synthesis, voice estimation and specific applications through student presentations. My presentation was on Audio Watermarking.

I found a recent paper on the subject and attempted to recreate what the authors had implemented. I implemented their algorithm in Matlab. Unfortunately it did not work as well as theirs, but I was lucky enough to be chosen as the best presentation by the class.

To view my presentation go here: Google Doc Link

For images of my presentation as well as other students please visit my professors eceblogger site.

Just for fun, here is an image of the matlab gui I created for this project.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever read that book that you got from having the best presentation in that class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made it 3/4 of the way through. It was pretty interesting for sure and I do plan on finishing it some day.

    ReplyDelete