Thursday, September 24, 2009

Neural Networks - Perceptron Character Recognition

A couple of years ago I took a really fun and challenging class called Introduction to Neural Networks.  We discussed the theory and applications of neural networks, including single- and multi-layer feedforward and recurrent networks, supervised and unsupervised learning, etc.

If you are unfamiliar with Neural Networks, they are methods that attempt to mimic the human brain (hence neural) by utilizing the basic fundamental building block of a neuron.  Neural Networks provide the ability to learn and make decisions based on various ideas related to increasing or decreasing the connections between neurons.

For a great introduction please see Jon Carrier's Neurocomputing Presentation

In this class I did a presentation on the ability of single perceptrons to perform character recognition.

Here is a link to my professors blog that describes our classes presentations: eceblogger

Here is a link to my presentation: Google Doc Link... Well I was going to post it, but I do not have it on hand just yet.  Will post once I get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment